WELCOME TO ST. JOHN'S!
We are so glad you found us! St. John the Baptist Parish is a lively bi-cultural Catholic parish founded in 1852 in the heart of Joliet, Illinois. Together, people of all ages pray, learn and grow as we work together to make the inner-city Joliet community a better place by serving the poor and standing up for the rights of immigrants. The parish is staffed by the Franciscan Friars of the Sacred Heart Province, whose postulants live and study at St. John's.
COVID - 19 Travel Restrictions
You are required to quarantine if you travel to the following states:
North Dakota - South Dakota - Oklahoma - Wisconsin - Arkansas - Utah - Iowa - Tennessee - Missouri - Nebraska - Kansas - Montana - Alabama - Idaho - Mississippi - South Carolina - Georgia - Minnesota
What must I do if I am self-quarantining? What are the restrictions?
You must restrict activities and limit all movements that may put you in contact with others during the quarantine period.
- Stay home. Do not go to work, school, or public areas.
- Do not use public transportation, ride shares or taxis.
- Do not allow visitors into your home.
- Separate yourself from others in your home.
- Stay in a specific room and away from other people in your home as much as possible. It is very important to stay away from people who are at higher risk of serious illness. This includes people who are age 65 years and older, pregnant, or have a health problem such as a diabetes, high blood pressure, chronic disease or a weak immune system. Consider different living arrangements for these high-risk people if possible.
- Wear a cloth face covering if you must go around others in the home.
- Use a separate bathroom, if available.
- Try to stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- Do not prepare or serve food to others.
- Avoid caring for children if possible.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
- Avoid sharing household items.
- Clean and disinfect all “high-touch” surfaces every day. High touch surfaces include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tables, and bedside tables. Also, clean and disinfect any surfaces that may have body fluids on them. Follow label instructions for household cleaning and disinfectant sprays or wipes used to ensure effectiveness.
8:30AM - 9:00AM
8:00AM English Mass
12:00PM English Mass
2:00PM Misa de Español
6:00PM Misa de Español
9:00AM - 12:00PM & 1:00PM - 5:00PM
9:00AM - 12:00PM & 1:00PM - 7:00PM
Director, Music & Liturgy
Director, Catechesis /Religious Education